It’s March in Northeast Ohio and Erie, PA, and that means that snow may be on the ground one day and the next it may be warm and sunny. With spring officially beginning later this month, after being stuck inside for the last few months, many people are itching to get back outside to enjoy their outdoor oasis. If you are dreaming about your days soaking up the rays poolside, you are not alone. Now is the perfect time to start planning for the warmer weather ahead, and getting your backyard ready for spring and summer is probably at the top of your list.
We are just as excited about the season ahead, so we have provided some tips for how you can start getting your outdoor space ready for the hours and days of entertainment and enjoyment to come.
Getting Your Backyard Ready for Spring
When the flowers start blooming, it is a sign that spring is in the air, and it’s time to start preparing your outdoor space for the warmer temperatures. Looking out your windows right now, your backyard may not look like much, but in a matter of weeks, all of that will change. The grass will be greener, flowers will be blooming, and it will be filled with friends and family. Now is the time to start getting your backyard ready for spring. Let’s take a look at some of our suggestions.
- Plan ahead for furniture, supplies, and other items needed. Every year when the first warm day arrives people scramble to buy outdoor furniture, grills and grilling accessories, pool supplies, plants, and more. Shopping now will put you ahead of the game and ensure you have everything you want and need when it is time to use them. Nothing is much worse than going to open your pool and realizing you and the stores are out of the pool chemicals you need to make your water swimmable.
- Clean up your yard from debris is has collected over the winter months. Wind, snow, and ice can really cause a lot of chaos for not only us, but for our outdoor spaces as well. When there is no snow on the ground, take the opportunity to clean up branches, leaves, dead plants, and whatever other items may have made their way into your yard.
- Trim your trees and bushes. While they may look dormant right now, an untrimmed tree or bush will grow quickly and can take over your backyard. If you have a pool, pay special attention to the trees around your pool, to ensure they are well maintained, so once in bloom they will not interfere with your space or fill your pool with fruit, leaves, and other debris.
- Tidy up your deck and outdoor furniture. When you are getting your backyard ready for spring, don’t forget about items you have stored away. Regardless how you winterized your patio and outdoor furniture, it likely is in need of some TLC. Now is a great time to wipe down furniture, furniture bases, hose and clean your deck or patio, and check any furniture cushions to see if they are in need of repair. Checking items early will give you plenty of time to fix or replace them if they are in need.
- Turn back on your outdoor water supply. If you turned off your outside water before winter, once the temperatures stop dropping below freezing, you should turn back on the water source and test it. Even if your water has been off all winter, your water spigot can go bad, and it’s good to know that as early as possible, so you have time to replace it before it is needed.
- Schedule your pool opening. Scheduling a pool opening service can help to eliminate all of the steps that go into opening your pool: cleaning the cover, checking chemical levels, starting up components, cleaning walls, etc. Now is the time to get your pool opening on the schedule with your local pool company. Scheduling your service ahead of the busy season will ensure that your pool will be able to be opened when you want it to be.
The end of winter is in sight and if you are itching to get back outdoors, you are not alone. Now is the perfect time to start getting your backyard ready for spring.
Whether you are thinking about buying your next set of outdoor furniture or having your pool opened, Litehouse Pools & Spas is here. At Litehouse Pools & Spas we offer different pool opening packages to fit your needs and have all the outdoor furniture and accessories, grilling items, pool supplies, and other items that you desire to turn your backyard into an outdoor retreat.