Do you feel those cool breezes setting in? The leaves are starting to turn in Northeast Ohio and Erie, PA, and that can only mean one thing… hot tub season is soon to be in full effect. While it is never really not hot tub season, the fall and winter make the perfect time to take a nice warm dip in your relaxing spa. As the days continue to get shorter, your spa’s maintenance becomes more important than ever. Is your hot tub ready for hot tub season?
Is Your Hot Tub Ready for Hot Tub Season?
Hot tubs can offer the perfect escape from Northeast Ohio’s chilly autumn days; however, with the soon to be increased use, there are things you need to do to get your hot tub ready for the seasons ahead. Let’s review.
- Perform a Thorough Cleaning: How often you clean your hot tub, depends on how frequently you use it. While no two hot tub owners are the same, it is recommended that you clean your spa weekly and routinely treat it with hot tub chemicals. You should plan to drain your spa completely for a thorough cleaning every three to four months. The beginning of fall makes for the perfect time to clean your hot tub, as when the temperatures drop below freezing, draining the spa could cause damage.
- Inspect Your Cover for Any Issues: There is no set point at which a cover should be replaced; however, most covers will need to be replaced after 5 to 7 years, with most losing their full effectiveness in 3 to 5 years. Before extremely cold temperatures set in you, you want to make sure your hot tub cover does not lose heat, leading to a less than enjoyable plunge in your spa. Check the vinyl, straps and locks, foam core, heat seal shoes, and hinge for any indications that you may need to replace your hot tub cover.
- Prep the Area Around Your Spa: Don’t avoid getting into your hot tub just because you don’t want to walk through snow or cold to get to it, prepare the area around your spa now, while the weather is bearable. Add lighting, a towel warmer, an outdoor heater, a snow-melting walkway, robe hooks, and more. Think about having areas where you can easily place your shoes, towels, and other items to keep them from freezing while you are enjoying the warm water.
- Add an Insulating Spa or Thermal Blanket: An insulating/thermal blanket is an insulated, floating blanket that lies on top of your hot tub water, between the water and your hot tub cover. The first line of defense against escaping heat, is an insulating spa blanket. Insulating spa blankets decrease evaporation by up to 95% and reduce heat loss. If you don’t have one, now is a great time to invest in one.
- Schedule Hot Tub Maintenance: The best way to ensure that your hot tub is ready for hot tub season and beyond, is to schedule hot tub maintenance prior to the season fully setting in. Regular hot tub maintenance helps you to avoid, not only a grimy hot tub, but costly repairs and unexpected breakdowns. The key to good hot tub maintenance is consistency. Every hot tub is different, but each hot tub benefits from simple and regular maintenance.
Hot Tub Services in Northeast Ohio and Erie, PA
At Litehouse Pools & Spas we offer a variety of hot tub services. We offer comprehensive maintenance packages, including openings, closings, drain and cleaning services, regular maintenance, and relocation.
- Opening and Closing Services: If you only use your hot tub seasonally, we offer both opening and closing hot tub services. We will handle everything from cleaning your cover, to powering your system down. Let our hot tub technicians help you start and end your hot tub season with ease.
- Maintenance Programs: We offer a few different hot tub service options for the maintenance of your hot tub. We know that having your hot tub out of service, for even a small amount of time, can be less than ideal, so we will help you to keep your spa in its best workable condition. Our maintenance programs include monthly service calls, draining and cleaning, and opening and closing. We offer 6 months of hot tub service or 12 months of service.
- Drain & Cleaning Services: When it comes to maintaining and keeping your hot tub cleaned, the most thorough way to do so is to have it drained and cleaned several times throughout the year. At Litehouse Pools & Spas we offer drain & cleaning services for your hot tub, so you can let us do the dirty work for you and you can just enjoy your spa.
Is your hot tub ready for hot tub season? If not, what are you waiting for? The time is now to prepare your spa for the cold weather ahead. Let’s face it, nothing is better than sitting in your hot tub and watching the leaves or snow fall around you.
We know you already have a slew of things on your “to do list”, so leave the work up to us. Setting up a hot tub maintenance schedule with Litehouse Pools & Spas will help you ensure a clean and working hot tub all year round. Our professionals will clean your hot tub cover, hose and clean the inside of your spa, rinse and soak filters, complete a system check, inspect your hot tub’s chemical balance, and more. Let us do the work for you, so you can enjoy your hot tub without the effort.