If you can’t stop thinking ahead to the days when you can be floating around relaxing in your new pool, you are not alone. With spring and summer right around the corner, now is the time when people really start to get that swimming itch. Is it too early to start planning now? When is the best time to buy your new pool?
When is the Best Time to Buy Your New Pool?
If you have decided that this is the year where you will turn your backyard into the outdoor oasis of your dreams, adding a pool to your space may be included in those plans. Pools can not only add visual appeal to your space, they can create the perfect place for entertaining, and pools can provide health benefits as well.
Ready to add a pool to your home? Congratulations! You have already made the first difficult choice, you have decided to purchase a pool, now you need to decide what type of pool you want, and when the best time to buy your new pool is. We are here to help.
Different Types of Pools
As we said, you have decisions when it comes to your home’s new pool, and one of the big ones is, what type of pool you think is best for your home, as the type you select can determine the timing of when you should buy it. We review the three most common pool options below.
- Inground Pools: This is one of the most popular types of pools, as you can really customize the style, shape, size, depth, etc. when you add a custom inground pool to your home. An inground pool is built permanently into the ground with the top sitting flush with the lawn, they are literally in the ground. There are different types of inground pools to choose from.
- On-Ground Pools: These pools are exactly what they sound like; a pool that is partially installed in the ground and partially above ground. On-ground pools are also known as semi-inground pools. They are made from the same materials as inground pools, but aren’t fully in the ground. This type of pool gives you the look and feel of an inground pool, but has a lower cost and faster installation.
- Above Ground Pools: Above ground pools are very popular for homeowners who don’t want to or can’t install a more permanent inground pool in their space. These pools are installed at ground level, where the entire pool extends above the ground. Above ground pools usually come in pool kits and can normally be assembled by the homeowner and be up and running within a few days of purchase.
Best Time to Buy Your New Pool
Once you have decided on the type of pool you want, it is time to start planning for your purchase. The best time to buy your new pool is almost always in the winter. Goods, materials, and scheduling of pool contractors become difficult to find once spring hits and everyone is ready to get outdoors. If you know you want to add a pool to your home, the best time to buy your new pool is now.
Let’s review further some of the reasons winter is the best time to plan for your new pool.
- Better Chances of Finding the Materials and Builders for Your Pool: As we mentioned, every year when spring hits, more and more people start thinking about adding a pool to their home, and that makes scheduling and materials run short. If you want to be sure that you have the pool of your dreams, winter is the best time to work with your local pool company to ensure everything is available and your pool is ready when swimming season hits. If you want an inground pool, scheduling a pool installation now is critical to ensuring your pool is ready when you are ready for it.
- More Time for Your Landscaping to Recover: The sooner you have a pool installed, the more time your landscaping has to recover and enhance throughout the warmer months. While you may not be thinking about spring flowers just yet, when you are spending endless days outside enjoying your new pool, you will likely want it to look like paradise, and the more time you give it to recover, or allow new items planted to grow, the better.
- You can Enjoy Your Pool Sooner: One of the main reasons that winter is the best time to buy your new pool, is because it will allow you to enjoy it as soon as the weather allows for it. If you have your pool before spring, you’ll be ready to get it opened for the season sooner, which can also save you time and money. Keep in mind, just because you buy or schedule to build your pool in the winter, doesn’t mean you have to do it right away, it just moves you to the front of the line, so it can be up and running as soon as the weather allows. The longer you wait to buy your new pool, the less time you will likely have to enjoy it.
While the best time to buy your new pool is really up to you and your family and home’s needs; buying your pool in the winter months, can offer many added benefits. Litehouse Pools & Spas is here for all of your pool needs. It’s our specialty.
If you can’t wait to have your backyard instantly turned into an oasis where you will enjoy countless hours of mental and physical relaxation, including gatherings of family and friends, private romantic evening swims, sunset reflections on your own terrace, and those quiet relaxing mornings poolside, now is the time to make your move.