Just because the Northeast Ohio weather outside may be less than welcoming and keeping you from enjoying your outdoor space, does not mean that the fun should be put on hold until spring and summer. This is the season for love and the perfect time for you to embrace your home and all it has to offer, including your game room. Fall in love with your game room this Valentine’s Day and beyond by welcoming all that the space and activities, which you have in it, have to offer.
Benefits of a Game Room
Falling in love with your game room this Valentine’s Day should be easy because of all the benefits the space offers. Game rooms not only offer a space for indoor entertaining, when our weather is less than enjoyable in Northeast Ohio and Erie, PA, they provide many health benefits and other advantages as well. If you need a reminder as to what the benefits of a game room in your home are, we have got you covered.
- Reduce the Effects of the Winter Blues: During the winter months, seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a common thing amongst people in Ohio and Pennsylvania. About 5% of adults in the United States experience SAD and about 10% to 20% of people in America may get a milder form of the winter blues. Your home’s game room can give you an outlet for entertainment, encouraging physical activity, socialization, and more, which will be sure to get you and your family out of the “winter funk”.
- Work Life Balance: If you work from home, a game room can offer a place in your home to get away from work and separate the “office” space and entertaining space in your home. Even if you work in an office out of the home, a game room can be a great place to go and get away from the daily at-home tasks.
- Storage Solution: Do you find it frustrating when you find games, video game controllers, and other items throughout your home? A game room creates a dedicated place in your home to store and enjoy all your favorite hobbies.
- Family Time: Your game room can create an oasis for everyone in your family to enjoy and can be a space to bring your family together. No more video games or reading a book in bedrooms behind closed doors, the game room provides a dedicated space for all your family’s favorite pastimes. There are endless possibilities.
- Additional Space for Social Gatherings: A game room can be used as an entertainment space for dinner guests while they’re waiting for food to be prepared or something to keep your children occupied with while you are hosting guests. Your game room can also serve as your main entertainment space for your visitors.
Tips to Spruce up Your Game Room to Make it the Most Loved Room in Your Home
If you dislike winter and are ready for it to be over, you are not alone. According to a study that was done a few years ago, only about 7% of Americans consider the winter to be their favorite season. While it may feel like the end of the season is near, we still have some of the coldest days ahead, making this the perfect time to spruce up your indoor space and fall in love with your game room all over again.
There are some things you can do to be sure to make this space is the most loved room in your home. These include:
- Adding a Bar to the Space: If you don’t already have a home bar, what are you waiting for? Many game rooms, especially those intended to be used to entertain guests, have some type of bar in them. You can add a bar with bar taps, have a lot or a few bar stools, create a mini kitchen, etc. Whether you choose to create a small bar that seats two or a much larger bar that can host an entire party, you’ll really set your game room space off by incorporating a bar into the mix.
- Incorporate a TV: If you want a game room that will bring the entire family together, making sure you have a TV in the space for video games, to watch sporting events, or even for movie night, can really enhance the space. Having that movie theater or sporting event experience doesn’t mean that you must leave your home, you can bring that experience together in a game room. Your game room can serve as your very own at home movie theater or sports arena. Add a TV that is the right size for the space and place it where it can best be seen throughout your room.
- Make Sure you have Gaming Tables: Remember the name of the room? Game room. Having gaming tables in the space is a must. There are many options when it comes to selecting game tables for your space: billiard tables, Foosball, ping pong, air hockey, poker tables, shuffleboard, and more. Find favorites for those who will use the room the most.
If you want to fall in love with your game room this Valentine’s Day and beyond, you need to really embrace the space and make sure it feels like a different area in your home. While you can’t control the outdoor weather, you can control your home’s indoor entertainment. A game room can be a place where you and your family make memories of a lifetime.
At Litehouse Pools & Spas we have a large selection of game room furniture, billiards, game tables and games, bars and bar stools, and more. We can help you to create the perfect game room and make it the new favorite room in your home to keep you and your family entertained this winter season and beyond.